Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jayne AND his hat up for grabs!

The new Auction from Kids Need To Read is sure to be a winner!
You may remember some time ago I wrote about Jayne's hat and how I thought I would never own one due to my knitting skills being somewhat lacking. Well, I could possibly get my wish after all with the new auction from KNTR. A fantastic signed photo of Adam Baldwin as Jayne Cobb (from Firefly/Serenity) looking moody and magnificent (or is that cunning?) is up for auction and with it is a hand-knitted Jayne hat! That's some great auction. There has already been some bidding for this and it ends on April 13th so head over to the Kids Need To Read auction page for more information and a looky at the prizes.


Talking of KNTR...
I'm still waiting for my books by P J Haarsma from Amazon: The Softwire: Virus on Orbis 1 and The Softwire: Betrayal on Orbis 2. I hope they come soon because PJ himself left a comment on this blog saying he was looking forward to hearing what I thought of them. No pressure, then! Actually, I can't wait because my 'reluctant' reader will be needing a new book soon and this would be good timing for them. I will read it first, though (I get first dibs because I paid for them!). So I'd better get 'Infected' finished!

Joss Whedon's Journal...
...will return tomorrow, when we learn a little bit more about how a writer works....

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you get your wish for the Jayne hat!

    I can't wait to hear what you think of PJ's books. When I first get them, I can't put them down and wind up staying up through the night reading them. Plan your evening accordingly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,

    Thanks for your support - I hope I get the Jayne hat too! It will look real fine at the Can't Stop The Serenity showing :).

    Amazon tell me that the books are on the way so fingers crossed they will be here before the weekend. I'll make sure to book some time (though I will have to watch Battlestar on Friday!).

    ReplyDelete