Thursday, May 8, 2008

Podcasts and MyBlogLog

Hypersensitive - hypergood!
I started listening to Lisa T's Hypersensitive podcast last week before going to Vancouver, and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't finish before I left so I caught up with it yesterday. That's one of the great things about Podcasts - you can listen anytime and if you don't finish, you can go back again. The podcast covers a wide range of topics from TV, movies to other podcasts and what Lisa has been up to. And congratulations are in order because she is going to be the voice of Cordelia in Buffy: Between the Lines for Season 2! This is a great, chatty podcast and if you love TV, movies, music the Internet and Podcasts then give it a go. Lisa also has a website and something that caught my eye from it this week was A Geek's Guide to Summer Movies. If you weren't sure what to watch this season, you now have a handy list to refer to - invaluable!

MyBlogLog
Some of you might have noticed the MyBlogLog thingy (widget) at the side of my blog. It shows the last few readers of my 'MyBlogLog' community home page. What's that, then? Well MyBlogLog is another example of Social Software that I've been experimenting with. At first it was a bit 'well, what does it do?' but now I've added some settings and I can see how it might be very useful. It's free to join and if you have a blog or website you can add links to it and invite people to join your community. You can also join other communities that share interests with you. On my home page you can see what I've been doing - updates to my blog, pages I've Dugg with Digg, Twitter Updates, Stumble Upon...it puts all these together in one place.

Join in!
Why not join MyBlogLog and see for yourself! Add your blog or website (if you have one), add all your other social software IDs and then join in. It's easy to do and a good way to extend your online presence. Stop by my community page and join. If you do I'll be sure to pop over and say hello - it would be great to meet some more readers. If you want any help with it send me an email or contact me via MyBlogLog.

2 comments:

  1. I like podcasts because you can listen to them while doing other things. I might go listen to it.

    that MyBlogLog thing looks interesting too.

    And by the way I tagged you in a meme, if you do those sorts of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chiya,

    I'm still finding my feet with MyBlogLog but it looks good so far. Same with Podcasts, really!

    Thanks for the meme-tag, I'll send some out when I can think of my 6 words!

    ReplyDelete