Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday? Already?! Another week gone....

Dang I'm so behind, I'm going have to resort to Plan 9
It's not from Outer Space but it might as well be. This is a post of last resort. The Mashable open web awards are up at the moment so I'm going to see if this post can be so sucky it wins the 'most p*sspoor attempt at making up for lost blogtime - ever!' I'm very hopeful.

What's the what?
This is my list of things I think you would want to know about that have, are or will happen (-ed, -ing). It's not even the full list but then, if it was, I might not win that fictitious Mashable award. That's a 'lose-lose' situation we can all enjoy! Also, I have put links in where I could (be bothered) but in some cases you might have to do some more work yourself. Again, it's all about keeping you guessing. Feel free to complain in the comments section (for all the good it will do you). At this stage it's all about getting this post done so I can enjoy the rest of my Friday.

Strike TV - a new force in Internet Video

Dr Horrible

The Guild
  • Season 2 starts on November 25th (woot!)
  • New teeshirts will be available from Jinx on Monday and you can get Season 1 DVD there, too.
  • First trailers for Season 2 should be out next week
  • I have 3 up-coming posts on Whedonage about The Guild which include interviews withVincent Caro (Bladezz), Kim Evey (producer of The Guild and creator/star of Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show) and *gasp* a video interview with Feliciaherself. You will get a chance to submit a question for Felicia so when it's published I'll let you know.

NaNoWriMo
Ever wanted to write a book? How about a novel - in a month? That's the simple premise of NaNoWriMo. If you know someone doing it encourage them all you can because it's a punishing schedule. I'm not doing it BUT I am doing something else. The first 11 chapters of my first novel are completed and I have a schedule which says the first draft is to be completed by Christmas. Which is why my blogging in waaaay down. SO if you want to encourage me, too, feel free. A simple 'Get on with it!' will suffice.

Scott Sigler
Is a Podcaster, writer and professional curmudgeon. Last week he offered me a beer. This week he played a cruel trick on all Whedon fans - and you have to be sure he is laughing as we tie ourselves in knots. That probably needs a little more explanation:
  • On his AMC blog Scott asked for nominations for the baddest monster hunter of all time. And the funny guy that he is, he's pitted Buffy against River Tam in the week 1 face-off. Apparently there can be only one...it's ok, we will have our revenge.
  • In other news, his follow-up to the (ok, it was excellent) Infected is out on 30th December which you can pre-order. And in honour of this he is doing a book tour. And one of the places is Seattle. And if I manage to get there (with perhaps a friend or two) I might get a beer.
  • And the screenwriter has been announced for the Infected screenplay.

Firefly: Between the Lines?
  • The Buffy: Between the Lines studio has a special edition - Firefly! It takes place between the Firefly episodes “Jaynestown” and “Out of Gas” and is well worth a listen.
Ma, I've done my homework, can I go play (have a beer) now?
Yes. Yes I can. It's scribbled and barely legible but I've finished. I hope you all have a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Expect a call from my lawyers... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I can't do nanowrimo this year (too much other stuff to do right now), so Instead i'm doing nasiwrimo (national site writing month), So I can get my indie website up and running. My goal is 50 pages this month. Which equals out to about 2 pages a day cause I started late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crappiest post ever?? What????
    I liked it!! =]

    So much info that I don't know what to comment...

    I'll just say this:

    1) Video interview with Felicia?? Very very cool!!! =]

    2) *insert here encouragement commentary*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny: If they are your lawyers I'm quaking already...!

    Zoe: The new site is looking great! When you're ready I'll do a post about it all - it's very exciting!

    Dani: Hehe, thanks for the encouragement - it's much needed. And yes - the Felicia video interview is great news - it's so exciting! I've already started practicing not giggling/squeeing/being struck dumb. I can only hope it goes ok on the day.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get On With It Already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Ed. It's sweet words like this that help me get through the day :P

    ReplyDelete