Monday, November 24, 2008

The Guild: Season 2, News and Felicia Interview


How excited are you?

However you answered that question it was NOT ENOUGH! There are so many things to tell today that I can barely type.  But I will try.

The Guild Sponsorship Unveiled

After lots of speculation it was revealed last night that the sponsors for Season 2 are Microsoft. In a ground-breaking deal The Guild Season 2 will be available only through Microsoft channels, but it as The Hollywood Reporter states, won’t leave anyone behind:

"The tech giant has an exclusive lock on the long-awaited second season of the cult favorite Internet series, which will be the first to be distributed worldwide simultaneously across Microsoft's triple platform of Xbox 360's Live Marketplace, MSN and Zune."

So anyone with an Internet connection will be able to view the season on MSN instead of YouTube.

Season 2 starts tomorrow

And the new season starts tomorrow, 25th November! I’m not clear at what time it’ll be online but there will be notifications on WatchTheGuild.com.

Season 2 trailers out now

Trailers are out and they look so good! There is a very noticeable difference in picture quality and we get another glimpse of the great new titles that Matthew Brackney has created. I think it’s fair to say that the dynamic between Codex and Zaboo remains as unresolved as ever! They are funny and they set us up for the new season really well.

New look for The Guild website

Edgar Garcia, webmaster extraordinaire, has been working his socks off supporting people all over the place.  After getting the new retardidpoliceman.com site off the ground last week he has woven his magic over the new-look WatchTheGuild.com website. I think the new look is great!

Felicia Day video interview – have you got a question you want to ask her?

There was something else happening this week that was mildly exciting. Now what was it? Could it be that I am going to be doing a video interview with Felicia Day, someone I’ve been following for a good while now and whom I hold in very high regard? Heck yes! I have already interviewed Vincent Caso (who stars as Bladezz) and Kim Evey (Producer for The Guild) for Whedonage.com. Several people have posted questions for Felicia and if you have one, please add a comment and ask. I’ll get through as many as I can so Felicia could be answering your question! I can’t say exactly when it will be but you need to hurry up on this one.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited I can't even think straight... my brain is going wild.

    SO many good news!
    The site looks AWESOME!
    The teaser and trailer SUPER AWESOME!
    And I'm so happy for Felicia about the Microsoft deal.

    Can't wait for your interview too!

    I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) me too, Dani! After all the waiting it's finally nearly here and then everything is happening at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!
    It's like xmas!
    But in november! lol

    * ¬¬ posted on my friend's log in again... sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Season 2 has begun, and I couldn't be happier :) I LOVE THE GUILD!

    I think it's so exciting you get to interview Felicia Day! I can't think of any good questions off the top of my head. HAVE FUN! I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete