Friday, December 19, 2008

Birthday wishes and exciting announcements!

Yes, I am very definitely over the hill 
And you know what? I could care less! This year has been momentous with highs and lows, beginnings and ends and all manner of wonderfulness in between. I'm going to do a reflective look back for New Year, so for today this is a little post to say how much I appreciate all the friends I've made online in the last year. Thank you all for the support, well wishes and fun! Even those people who visit here and never comment - I know where you live, remember, and I appreciate you popping by.

So, what's the news?
There's tons going on and I have some very special announcements to make before I head off for some birthday fun:

In January I'm going to writing for PINK RAYGUN!
Ever since I first visited Pink Raygun I've been enthralled. I always spend much longer over there than I intend because it is packed full of fanly-goodness! From the hilarious comic strip, Intergalactic Law to the reviews of all your favourite TV, Film, books and web content, there is something for everyone (yes, even boys are allowed). Pink Raygun: Lisa Fary, Julianna Weiss and John Dallaire were on my list of people to queue to see at Comic Con so when they said they wouldn't mind if I wrote for them I was over the moon. 

The format's still to be decided but there will be interviews - lots of lovely interviews. So, who would you like to see given the full Higlet treatment? Felicia Day seems to have survived the ordeal ok, and Kim Evey and Vince Caso are recovering, but who will be the next victim? If you have anyone you would like me to interview let me know. I have some ideas....

The Streamy Awards are announced!
In a very exciting move Tubefilter have teamed up with NewTeeVee and Tilzy.TV to present the Streamy Awards. Tubefilter have all the details on their website, and this is what the awards are all about:

"Anyone can nominate their favorite web series, stars and creators starting today at Streamys.orgin any of the 25 award categories. From the nominations, an independent non-profit organization called the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV), will select the final nominees in each category. The most-nominated entries in each category will automatically be one of the final five nominees. There’s also an Audience Choice Awards that will go to the web series (of any format) that receives the greatest number of public votes. The winners will be announced live at the 2009 Streamy Awards Ceremony held in Los Angeles on March 29, 2009."

This is going to be a huge event and we have a say in who wins! Now, who are you going nominate?

Evil WorldofHiglet is set to return
Well, the news from the Evil League of Evil Applications Processing Office (that is such a catchy title, don't you think?!) is grim indeed. Evil WoH finds out whether her application has been accepted or not and there's the ELE Christmas Humbug Party to deal with, too! I'm actually slightly afraid for Goggle-head - I can't see how this is going to end well...! If The Guild can do a Christmas special (which is very, very funny) then I'm sure Evil WoH is up to the challenge. More news to follow soon - betcha can't wait :)

And finally....
I hope you all have a great day, weekend, festive season, etc. Thanks again for all your kind words and I'm off now to have some Birthday Fun!

P.S.
Thanks to Soma, who added a Forum topic on The Guild Community site about my birthday - and to everyone who commented. And to Edgar who wrote a touching blog post, too. You guys are AWESOME!

9 comments:

  1. be home by midnight you crazy kids!

    -soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not promising anything!
    And thanks for your post on The Guild Community site:

    http://community.watchtheguild.com/forum/topics/happy-birthday-worldofhiglet

    Underneath it all, you're not a bad lad really :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Evil WorldofHiglet!! YEYY!!

    Writing for Pink Raygun: CONGRATZ!

    And happy birthday again!

    It's always lovely to talk to you online, you are definitely one of the most awesome people I had the pleasure to meet this year.
    Hope you are having an amazing day with your family, and wish that good things keep happening to you.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dani - you are pretty full of awesome yourself! I really hope I make it to SD Comic Con because I would love to meet you :)

    You always make me smile and I'm so pleased that college is going so well (who knew all those late nights on The Guild chat would help you get good marks?!)

    I'm sure this next year will be fantastic for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! No surprises for me!!!

    This coming year will be lots of worldofhiglet fun for sure!

    Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOO!

    I bet that suprised you! NO?

    Well, wait until you see the next Evil WoH video, Edgar...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. More Evil Higgy Baby! Whooooo1 Not that the NOT so Evil Higgy is all that bad, mind. But Evil just never pops in much except to slap the back of my head and cuss me.
    No, wait, that's the not-so-Evil one. Maybe that's why I like the Evil one? I'm so confused...

    ReplyDelete
  8. WorldofMay survived her flight in the Mart Machine and has landed in St Aveley. She sends her lurrv (and a special Dora-style fanfare on rising from her throne this evening). Laff? I haven't stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sazzle!

    Nice to hear from you - and we had a good laff here, too. Even the masked evader thought that was hi-larious! Hope the week flies by. :)

    ReplyDelete