Monday, December 1, 2008

No-one expects the Fannish Inquisition!

Did I mention I interviewed Felicia Day last week? I did?
Blah blah blah I've been really busy - yeah, I know you're bored with hearing that so here's a post that isn't about me writing my book, doing interviews and hanging with the stars like Felicia. Instead, this is about two great interweb events you may have missed.

And now for something completely different
Monty Python is now officially on YouTube! As they have put on their channel:

"For 3 years you YouTubers have been ripping us off, taking tens of thousands of our videos and putting them on YouTube. Now the tables are turned. It's time for us to take matters into our own hands... 
We've launched our own Monty Python channel on YouTube....
But we want something in return.
None of your driveling, mindless comments. Instead, we want you to click on the links, buy our movies & TV shows and soften our pain and disgust at being ripped off all these years."

Yay for the Great British Compromise! 

Fannish Inquistion? Shurley Shome Mishtake!
And one of their great sketches (which isn't yet officially available but you can find easily if you look...) is the Spanish Inquisition. Were you expecting that? In a clever twist there is a relatively new site that has nothing at all to do with Monty Python but everything to do with the news that matters most - Sci-fi news! The Fannish Inquisition has been going for a few months and already there is some brilliant coverage of Firefly and Stargate conventions including lots of interviews, podcasts from the events and photos.

Creation Con in Burbank, LA 
The latest reports are from the Stargate and Firefly Conventions in Burbank which were held on Nov 21-23 2008. There is so much to read about the event! I am totally in awe of the attention to detail, depth of interviews and reporting and the quality of the photos. Stunning. Plus there are podcasts interviews, too! Ron Glass, Jewel Staite, Adam Bladwin, Summer Glau and Gina Torres were all at the event and I a sure that you won't find better coverage than this. You know I've been busy but I couldn't help but spend far too much time reading up on what my favourite stars have been up to! So for everyone who, like me, didn't get to go, this is the next best thing.

2 comments:

  1. hehe cool on the felicia day interview. So I now know someone who has spoken with someone who was on Buffy. So how many degrees of separation is that from James Marsters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for me it's only 1! I didn't actually ask Felicia about whether she's met Jim (as we in the know like to call him) but I'm working on the assumption that all red-blooded males dead or undead would make a point of introducing themselves to Felicia.

    I'll clarify that with her the next time we have a natter..... :)

    ReplyDelete